Pest Prevention Tips
Stopping pests from entering your home is the best way to combat pest problems. Below is a list of helpful tips to protect your home and family from tiny invaders year-round.
- Make sure screens and weather stripping fit tightly and are in good condition on exterior doors and windows.
- Don't leave food sitting out on the counter for long periods of time. Cover it, or put it away after eating to prevent ants and flies from moving into the kitchen.
- Periodically check your home's foundation for cracks, then seal them completely to deter spiders, ants and cockroaches from entering your home.
- Store clothes in plastic containers or bags to prevent fabric pest from invading.
- Ensure your home's attic and crawl space is well ventilated. Cockroaches and other pests prefer non-ventilated environments, so the ventilation will keep them at bay.
- Keep mulch flower bedding several inches below your home's wooden structures and siding. Better yet, use mulch bedding no less than a foot from your home's foundation.
- Do not keep piles of debris, bricks, stones or firewood beside your home.
Special care for termite prevention:
- Repair plumbing leaks, including leaky faucets, air conditioning units and water pipes promptly.
- Keep gutters clear and have them divert water away from your home's foundation.
- Do not store wood items in crawl space or directly next to your home.
- Trim bushes and trees away from home's foundation.
- Repair or replace damaged siding and roof shingles to prevent leaks and easy termite entry.
Or fill out this form and a Pest Control consultant will call you.